Sherilyn is finally weaned off from blended food, for over 1 month, hooray! However, she still doesn’t like to eat chicken meat or any other meat except fish balls, fish paste and steamed fish BUT she has to eat her steamed fish with this special sauce made up of organic soya sauce, olive oil, garlic, shredded ginger and fresh spring onions all stir-fried together. She loves the sauce very much and insists that the bowl of sauce be placed next to her during dinner time everyday. I tried cooking sweet and sour fish or pan-fried fish but nope, she wouldn’t eat the fish and spat them all out. Since she doesn’t eat any other meat, I try to steam fish for her everyday with the special sauce of course.
My 2 gals are really angelic and charming when they are anywhere outside the house. The minute they step foot back home, they automatically transform into little monsters and could instantaneously drive me bonkers with their nonsense. Here’s a list of the top 10 things that my gals do that really drive me bonkers and send fire up my head:
1) When I need to get some work done and they refuse to nap or sleep despite all my coaxing, threats, bribes and whipping.
2) When the gals start giving me excuses like they want to poo poo, wee wee, drink water or complain of body itch or pain, etc after the lights are turned off at night. What irritates me most is after I have put on my hand lotion and worn my socks after applying cracked heel lotion on my feet and all ready to plonk my battered body on the bed for a good night’s sleep, my 2 brats start demanding that they want to poo poo or wee wee and drink water, both gals demanding at the same time, one request after the other.
3) When they whine and whimper for no real reason. The sounds of whining drive me nuts.
4) When they refuse to eat their proper meals but demand to eat crackers or junk food that daddy has bought.
5) When one of the gals want to watch Barney and the other demands to watch Hi-5 and then they start crying and fighting when I say no one gets to watch anything or when I accede to one of the gals’ request, the other whose demand is not met throws herself into a fits of rage.
6) When they mess up my computer or shut down my computer when I am in the midst of working.
7) When they tear their expensive story books or wreck their toys.
8) When they turn complete deaf to my warnings and continue in their forbidden acts and stunts.
9) When they cry till they puke and make a complete mess on the bed and on the floor just before bedtime, when I am always drop dead tired and sleepy.
10) When Alycia demands to wear the same old outfit (which is her Pumpkin Patch or Mothercare jeans and pink Benetton t-shirt) each time we go out though she’s got a wardrobe filled with pretty dresses and refuses to wear most of the dresses. Alycia is a tad tomboyish when it comes to her choice of clothes as she prefers jeans and t-shirts to dresses and skirts.
Now what drives you crazy?
My 2 gals can be very destructive or should I reword it to say that they are rather curious and love exploring and discovering how things function?
Almost all the drawers in my house especially in my room and the gals’ room as well as in the kitchen and in the hall are fixed with child-safety locks to prevent the gals from messing up and breaking our things and to prevent their fingers from being pinched by the drawers. But most of the locks don’t get to stay fixed in their places for more than 2 days. Same goes for those safety corner protectors that we stick to sharp edges on tables and corners. They rarely stay in their places for more than 2 days before being ripped out.