Breakkie today – organic quick oats with mango yoghurt, topped with pistachio nuts, toasted whole almonds, toasted strip almonds and a few shakes of Japanese flavored seaweed. Love this savory yoghurt! It’s low in carb and high in calcium and fiber.
Lunch was some modification of last night’s extra portion of dinner that I cooked:
1. Coca Cola chicken
2. Baked spaghetti / lasagna – just add 4 slices of cheese on top of the ribbon pasta and sauce and bake for 15 minutes at 160 degree Celsius and voila, a new dish is whipped out!
The baked ribbon pasta with minced beef + Portobello mushrooms + celery + fresh rosemary + onions + garlic bolognese tasted like lasagna and it’s a much simplified and fuss-free version of lasagna.
Directions for simple baked spaghetti / lasagna:
- Grease a baking pan. I used a cake pan with aluminum foil. I drizzled avocado oil on the aluminum foil.
- Place a layer of ribbon pasta at the base of the foiled pan.
- Add a layer of bolognese sauce.
- Add another layer of ribbon pasta.
- Add slices of cheese on top.
- Bake at 160C for 15 minutes
While spaghetti is being baked in the oven, place overnight Coke chicken into the oven to reheat.
Coca Cola Chicken (cooked using non-stick wok)
Ingredients for Coke Chicken:
- 1 can Coke
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 ripe tomato
- Minced garlic
- Cracked black pepper
- Salt – optional. I did not use any salt
Directions (adapted from regular one / two ingredients Coca Cola Chicken recipes found on the internet)
- Brown garlic until fragrant
- Brown chicken for 15 minutes
- Add tomato and tomato sauce and stir fry for another 5 minutes
- Pour 1 can of Coke and let simmer for another 15 minutes (with lid closed)
- Dish out and serve
Verdict: there is absolutely NO taste of Coke in the chicken dish. Thus, many people who had tried cooking it commented that this 1-ingredient Coke chicken dish has no taste of Coke. It is only sweet. Some creative people added tomato sauce but I’m more innovative and added fresh tomatoes, cracked black pepper and garlic 😀 The girls liked this dish as it’s sweet and tomatoey.