Essential oils can support your essential life. Whether you are looking to reduce pain and inflammation from over exercising, help soothe an upset stomach, ease situational anxiety or depression, ease nausea or help prevent a cold or the flu – there are countless recipes just for you.
I am getting more and more hooked on making essential oil blends for just about everything and every situation ~ from anti-stink armpit spray to baby powder, face blush loose powder, sore throat gargle to mouth rinse to sinus buster. The list is just endless and what I really love is that I know what goes inside all my personal care products ~only pure and pesticide-free essential oils, baking soda, arrowroot powder and witch hazel without the yuckies.
When I was down with a cold two weeks ago, I had a bad bout of nasal congestion. I couldn’t sleep well as I had trouble breathing. The blocked nasal caused a painfully piercing pressure on my head when I tried to inhale. Still, I did not resort to over-the-counter cold medicine. Instead I made my own decongestant and the result was very effective in relieving my blocked nasal. As a result, I could sleep better and got better within a week, without any medication.
Decongestant Roller Bottle Recipe (10 ml bottle)
- 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 drops Melaleuca (Tea Tree) Oil
- 10 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Thieves Essential Oil
1) Add essential oils into roller bottle. I recycled my empty 10 ml Young Living essential oil bottles and affixed a roller ball (from Young Living) to it.
2) Fill rest of bottle with carrier oil, be sure to leave space at top. This is optional and I did not use any carrier oil. I prefer it to be undiluted.
3) Insert roller ball and cap, roll bottle between hands to blend oils together.
4) To use, apply small amount to the areas around the nose and nostrils. Be sure to avoid eyes. Repeat as needed.
A note of caution: be sure to get your essential oils that are pure and are of therapeutic grade from reputable sources. Cheap essential oils are adulterated and contain pesticides and herbicides that may cause harm to your body.
Let me know if you need help to get the essential oils. I can get them for you at wholesale price. Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.