Many of my friends have been asking me what motivates me to rise so early every morning to work-out. For those who have missed reading my previous posts, I wake up at 6:45am every morning to work-out. When I was still working, I used to rise at 5:45am to jog. Well, here are my top 10 reasons :
1) So that I can remain a size 0 and get to wear nice, appealing clothes instead of dressing up frumpily like an ah soh or see lai (albeit I am already in the see lai category in the sense that I am a mother, an aun-tee and a SAHM). Sorry, no offense to larger size women, don’t mean to imply you in any way 🙂
2) So that I can still wear my pre-pregnancy clothes. My clothes are all expensive, so instead of giving them away, I’d rather stay slim so that I can recycle my old clothes.
3) So that I still look young, vibrant, healthy & fit and energetic. Often times, I get compliments from strangers saying that I don’t look at all like a mother of 2. They’d thought I was still a student! Oh puh leeze… but that did make me walk on airs for a moment.
4) So that my complexion is porcelain smooth and blemish-free coz exercising eliminates toxins from the body through sweat.
5) So that I can still indulge in my favourite sinful desserts everyday like Papa Beard’s cream puffs, cakes, Paramount chicken pie, cakes, Haegan Dazz ice-cream, the list goes on.
6) So that my backache is kept at bay. Exercising on my fitball every morning has helped tremendously in keeping my backache from coming back.
7) I love to smell the crisp, fresh and cool morning air every morning as I jog and listen to birds chirping happily away as if to greet me good morning.
8) I love the absolute peace and tranquility in the house every morning, without 2 brats driving me up the wall and I don’t have to holler like a deranged woman at 2 lil’ brats who seem deaf at times.
9) So that I can buy the newspapers and read first hand news while there is still peace and quiet time.
10) So that I can buy some groceries without having to worry about my 2 lil’ brats running about in the mini market, touching breakable items and squashing up vegetables or eggs.
I believe anyone can also do it if they have the absolute will-power and discipline for it.
No. of times viewed = 254