Why is everyone so into the phat (8) tags lately? This is already my 3rd tag related to phat phat phat. Thanks to this slim mum for this tag. Here are the phat (8) random facts about moi :
1) I was born and bred in Ipoh and have been living in KL for 16 years.
2) I started to learn piano at the age of 6, swimming at the age of 7 and ballet at the age of 8.
3) I was awarded the Best Secretary award when I was in Secretarial College and was a Dean’s List holder for 2 semesters. I can also type very fast and can take shorthand at 150 words per minute.
4) I learnt life-saving techniques and took a Bronze Medallion test in swimming when I was 14 years old.
5) I had a terrible honeymoon in Phi Phi Island 7 years ago where I stepped onto a school of sea-urchins whilst snorkelling and hobbled for 1 month+. I finally underwent a minor surgery on the sole of my foot to have the spikes removed.
6) I crashed my very first car onto an office building when I first learnt to drive. Luckily the insurer took care of the cost of repair done to the building and my car.
7) My sense of direction sucks. So, please never ask me for directions.
8) I drink at least 12 glasses of plain water everyday and am very fastidious about my health and vanity.
I’m now passing the phat choi tag to these 8 great mommies:
Mummy In Vain
Mummy to Chumsy
No. of times viewed = 198
Alycia has always loved the story Noah’s Ark. She liked it even more ever since she watched the movie Evan Almighty, a rendition of the modern Noah’s Ark. Yesterday as Sherilyn was sitting on her potty doing her poopie business, Alycia took out a cloth book on Noah’s Ark (which I had bought for her years ago from my church), pulled out a stool to sit next to Sherilyn and began ‘reading’ to her sister. Alycia certainly did a good job as she even mimicked the way I normally read to them, i.e. pointing to the words as I read.
No. of times viewed = 253
It’s been almost a month since I bought these new books for the gals and so far, they’ve still not shown any signs of boredom with the books. In fact, they love the books and would plead with me to read each of the book to them everyday before their afternoon nap. It’s the gals’ routine now – before nap in the afternoon and before bedtime at night, they would insist on being read to.
This book gives simple and easy to understand illustration on addtion and subtraction.
A book on simple grammar.
This book teaches sounds made by different objects and animals.
This is Sherilyn’s favorite book and is all about Teddy and its balloon coz Sherilyn is balloon-crazed too.
No. of times viewed = 220
As promised, when I was back in Ipoh, I’d taken pix of hubby’s love cards to me during our courting days. Most of the cards were DIY cards by hubby who, I must admit is quite an artistic person.
This is my very 1st Valentine’s Day card from hubby, received when I was barely 14 years old.
Hubby made this card himself to send me his best wishes for my SRP exam when I was 15 years old.
Hubby made this Valentine’s Day card for me, which was my 2nd Valentine’s Day card from him, when I was 15 years old.
Another DIY Valentine’s Day card from hubby to me, when I was 16 years old.
I’m sure many of you would be curious as to when I first met my hubby and when we first started dating. He met me in my old house in Ipoh when he came to visit my big brother (they were classmates) and it was love at first sight for him. I was only 12 years old then and he was 13+ years old. We only went out for our first date when I was 17 yrs old and we got married 10 years later.
No. of times viewed = 306