Here’s the home-cooked dinner dished out with lotsa love from me for the girls yesterday 🙂
Kids-friendly curry minced pork with potatoes, tomatoes, coriander, onions and lots of curry leaves and kafir lime leaves. It is kids-friendly as the spiciness level is very mild. And it is free from bones. Pork used is Berkcious pork, free from antibiotics and growth hormones.
Drama Queen helped to cook the rice and saute the vegetables with garlic. She threw in a handful of curry leaves (from the pot of curry leaves plant in our balcony) into the rice for added aroma.
Baked garoupa fish cutlets breaded with wholemeal bread. This is the first time I breaded fish for baking and it turned out stunningly delish and CRISPY! The aromatic toasted bread crumbs paired really well with the fish. It tastes like deep fried fish and chips from some glitzy cafes 🙂
Ingredients For Curry Minced Pork
- Minced Pork
- Tomatoes, cubed – I used 2 medium sized tomatoes
- Onions – I used 2 large onions
- Big handful of coriander leaves
- Big handful of kafir lime leaves
- Big handful of curry leaves
- Potatoes, cubed – I used 2 large ones
- Santan or fresh milk. I used about 1/4 cup of fresh milk, just to thicken up the sauce.
- Mak Nyonya Chicken Curry Paste – I used about 4-5 tablespoons. You can add more if you prefer it to be spicier. This dish is tailored to suit Cass who cannot take foods that are too spicy as spicy food will irritate her bladder.
Optional items – stalks of serai (lemon grass), star anise, galangal, etc.
Directions For Curry Minced Pork With Potatoes
- Brown the onions with the minced pork. When the pork turns brown and dried up, add in the curry paste.
- Add in the tomatoes, potatoes and all the leaves.
- Add water and let simmer until the potatoes soften.
- Season with sea salt.
- Add in the fresh milk or santan
- Plate up and decorate with coriander leaves
Ingredients For Baked Garoupa Cutlets
- Garoupa fish cutlets.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread. When you have leftover bread in the fridge, do not discard them. Freeze them for breadcrumbs to bread your meat!
- Coriander powder
- Turmeric powder
- Cooking oil
Directions For Baked Garoupa Cutlets
- Marinate fish with coriander powder, turmeric powder and cooking oil.
- Sprinkle some salt on the fish
- Whizz the wholemeal bread slices in the blender until crumbly.
- Coat the fish cutlets on both sides with the bread crumbs. Press the bread crumbs tightly onto the fish so that they stick to the fish.
- Bake at 150C for 15 minutes on each side. Be sure to check from time to time to ensure that the crumbs do not get burnt.
Below – Drama Queen saved a portion of the curry minced pork and curry leaves rice for her to Bento box it to school the next day.
Today’s lunch was cheat Coney Dog, using the leftover curry minced pork + potato on wholemeal hotdog buns. YUMS!!!
No. of times viewed = 6