It’s been a while since I last cooked mushroom pasta. I am not a fan at all of anything creamy with milk / whipped cream cooked into a savoury dish. So is the big girl. Only Drama Queen likes creamy pastas, especially Carbonara.
This time, I decided to be a tad adventurous and added avocado into the pasta sauce. And we all fell in love. I just love the pretty hue of pastel green from the avocado and pistachios in the sauce.
Our very green and healthy dinner, bursting with phytochemicals…
I used 2 whole avocados. Thankfully the avos were perfect with no dreaded bruise inside. Don’t you just LOVE the beautiful green and yellow color of the avocado? I love it!!
Pulse the avocado, a handful of pistachios with about half cup of fresh milk for a few seconds. I prefer a little texture from the pistachio nuts, thus I didn’t pulse till smooth.
Add the avocado pistachio puree to the pasta just before serving. Or you can add it to the pasta sauce in the pot to heat it up a little if you prefer warm.
Directions for pasta sauce:
1. Saute chopped garlic and onions
2. Add chicken breast (optional). I omitted meat as we have had quite a bit of meat already over lunch.
3. Add in fresh Portobello mushrooms. I used 2 punnets.
4. When the mushrooms have withered and browned, add whipping cream and cheese. I also added some julienned carrots.
5. Add cracked black pepper and salt to taste.
6. You can add chicken broth too if you have some on hand. I didn’t.
7. Pour the sauce onto the cooked pasta and mix well.
8. Pour avocado + pistachio puree over and serve while still hot.
Vegetables of the day was stir-fried organic French beans with Daylily bulbs, julienned carrots, garlic and onions.
No. of times viewed = 0