The other day when we were at The Curve for lunch with our usual group of friends, we came across a studio that trains kids’ brains to be FIT! As the moniker suggests, BrainFit is all about training the brain’s fitness. In other words, the kid’s cognitive and learning skills such as memory and attention. My friends and I went in to check out the studio and the programs it offers and we were pretty impressed.
BrainFit Studio is founded by a team of child developmental professionals passionate about maximizing human potential, it has been dedicating itself to bring up the most up-to-date and scientific brain fitness training programmes since 2001.
BrainFit Studio originated in Singapore and is already 14 years in the region with over 5000+ databased results from programs conducted across Asia. It has established foothold in other countries like Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, and Turkey.
BrainFit Studio aims to transform lives by improving learning capabilities, boosting performance, shaping behaviours and increasing intelligence through high-quality evidence-based neuro-scientific cognitive training programmes.
BrainFit’s fitness programs seek to enhance the child’s learning capacity by addressing opportunity areas across:
(ii) Auditory processing
(iii) Visual processing
This is a company built upon by the hopes and joys of children and their parents, whose lives have changed dramatically through the understanding of how brain fitness training works.
BRAINFit® Scholar SMART Programme (6 to 18 years old)
This fully personalized brain fitness training programme aims to give school-going children a learning advantage through “mental work-outs”. To achieve rapid, enduring results, we use the following programmes to build key mental “muscles” intensively over a 4-month term (1-hour session, twice a week):
This aims to strengthen a student’s sensory-motor brain fitness and accelerate learning speed using a proven and personalised gym-based program. Sensory-motor brain fitness is critical in the classroom whenever a child needs to put pen to paper (e.g. for drawing, colouring and writing), participate in activities with other children or execute any response with a movement element.
See improvements in:
Focus and organisation
Rhythm and timing
Body and spatial awareness
Advance visual skills
Gross and fine motor skills
SMART™ Vision aims to rapidly improve a student’s visual brain fitness by using a proven and personalised program comprising gym-based exercises, table-top as well as computer-based visual activities.
Our visual brain fitness helps us to quickly and accurately interpret the information received through our eyes, especially important in the classroom. Having strong visual brain fitness helps students to excel in “visual” subjects such as Math, geometry and have neat, effortless handwriting.
During each SMART™ Vision session, your child will participate in a series of movement activities, as well as table-top and computer-based activities that strengthen visual spatial perception, directionality, eye control and eye-hand coordination.
See improvements in:
Handwriting & copying
Learning speed and abilities
Focus and attention
Visual perception and memory
Accuracy in detailed work
Visual spatial awareness and organization
SMART Listening™ utilises the Fast ForWord® family of products (computer-based), proven for its effectiveness at MIT, Stanford and Harvard Universities. The result of more than 30 years of neuroscientific research, this software has helped over 2 million students boost their auditory, reading and language skills for improved scholastic performance, as well as increased their self-esteem.
Auditory brain fitness is a vital foundation for almost every learning task. Children that are able to process sounds rapidly and accurately allows them to not only become proficient with their oral language, but also achieve excellence in decoding and reading comprehension, the very keys to learning and academic success.
During each Smart Listening session, your child will be trained using the Fast ForWord® software. It accelerates learning by developing Learning MAPS™, key cognitive skills comprising Memory, Attention, Processing, and Sequencing.
See improvements in:
Ability to follow instructions
Receptive and expressive language skills
Reading and comprehension
Attention and focus
Communication and social skills
SMART™ Focus aims to build on children’s attention and working memory brain fitness utilizing computer-based working memory activities and a scientifically proven computer-based software, emWave Pro that uses a real-time heart rate variability monitor to teach children on appropriate breathing and relaxation techniques.
BrainFit’s attention system is closely associated with their working memory system. Working memory is used to remember and manipulate important information, and it requires the simultaneous storage and processing of information using our visual and auditory brain fitness systems. Without paying adequate attention, it is impossible to acquire information accurately or execute without error. Our attention brain fitness is vital to helps us remain focused on task-relevant information, ignoring distractions and control our impulses, without which success in school and learning becomes impossible.
Your child will also be trained to learn stress reduction and emotional management skills using the emWave Pro software. Children will learn to control their physiology through breathing along with heart rhythms and focusing on positive emotions to create coherence, which is critical to improving resilience, wellness and facilitating personal growth.
See improvements in:
Attention and concentration
Ability to stay on task
BRAINFit® Baby Programme (9 months to 2 years 11 months)
Build a strong brain foundation starting at 9 months.
Designed specially for infants and toddlers, BrainFit® Baby builds critical brain fitness and intelligence foundations. Parents and carers will learn how to optimise home environments and interact with their child to support this critical stage. Our unique BrainFit® Baby app records your Babies’ milestones and ensures on-track development.
For BrainFit’ Babies, the SMART Workout emphasises on enriching cognitive development. In each 50-minute session, Babies, together with their carers, participate in a complete range of activities:
- Build control, strength and balance – Gross and fine motor exercises to strengthen sensory-motor skills.
- Communicate effectively across various settings – Structured listening, music and language stimulation exercises to enhance receptive and expressive language development.
- Strengthen memory and focus – Memory and recall activities protect and strengthen the “memory maker” in the brain — the sea horse-shaped structure called the hippocampus, as well as other brain sites.
- Pick up Mathematical or abstract concepts easily later on – Exercises to sharpen spatial-temporal reasoning and visualisation —that is, the ability to imagine and manipulate the interaction of objects in their minds.
- Nurture social skills and emotional intelligence – Activities like pretend-play not only increases babies’ creativity but also develop self-regulation, the foundation of social skills and emotional intelligence.
BRAINFit® Junior Programme (3 to 6 years old)
Put your best foot forward
While BrainFit® Baby establishes vital intelligence foundations, BrainFit® Junior further consolidates and accelerates these pathways. The goal is for our preschoolers to have a solid and sturdy set of cognitive skills (these are absolutely critical to keeping those learning engines well-oiled!) as they enter Primary One.
- Get a headstart with SMART Workout – For BrainFit’ Juniors, the SMART Workout emphasises fortifying cognitive development. This sets a sturdy foundation for life-long learning.
Exercises are designed to meet these goals:
• Thrive at learning in a school environment – Focus and listening exercises enable Juniors to follow multiple-step instructions sequentially and sensibly, and stay attentive for a longer period of time.
• Make friends naturally and manage emotions effectively – Activities to nurture social skills and emotional intelligence help Juniors understand themselves and engage in healthy relationships with others.
• Read, remember and comprehend well – Exercises to strengthen phonological awareness and memory build a solid foundation for reading, retention, and comprehension.
• Write and copy legibly with ease – Fine motor exercises to strengthen sensory-motor skills.
• Excel in Math and Chinese – Exercises to sharpen spatial-temporal reasoning and visualisation — that is, the ability to imagine and manipulate the interaction of objects in their minds.
Check out BrainFit website at www.brainfitadvantage.com
Facebook: Brainfit Studio Malaysia
BrainFit Studio is located at Lot 118, first floor, The Curve, Mutiara Damansara and can be contacted at 03-7710 0273 and 012-217 9921.
No. of times viewed = 6